BSc International Business
“Our excellent graduates are in high demand by multinational corporations all around the globe. To me, this is no surprise: IB students are well-equipped with all necessary knowledge and skills relevant in business. As an IB student you´ll love learning and networking in an international atmosphere, where 50 % of students come from all over the world!"
Prof. Dr. Michel Charifzadeh, Programme Director of BSc International Business
Why study BSc International Business (IB)?
... because the BSc International Business degree programme provides you with a sound knowledge of international business administration and is ideal preparation for an international career: completely in English.
... because you have a fast-track option to a Master’s degree, unique in Germany: After seven successfully completed semesters you will have earned your Bachelor of Science degree and in only one additional semester attained an MBA or a Master’s degree from an international partner university.
... because you study in an international atmosphere right from the start: Half of the available study places go to international applicants.
... because this programme offers highest flexibility: From the fourth semester the structure of the degree programme offers you options for internships (in Germany or abroad), specialisations (Marketing & Strategy, Finance & Accounting or HRM & Organisation) and final degree (BSc or BSc plus MBA/Master).
... because you can choose from over 50 partner universities worldwide for the integrated semester abroad.
- Length of course
- 7 semesters (incl. internship semester, study semester abroad and internship thesis semester)
1 – 2 additional semesters for the fast-track option (MBA/Master’s degree at a partner university)
- Place of study
- Reutlingen and partner university abroad
- Beginning of course
- Winter semester: Middle of September
Summer semester: Beginning of March for first semester, beginning of February for all other semesters
- Application deadline
- Summer semester: 15 October
Winter semester: 15 April for international applicants, 1 June for German applicants
- Language of instruction
- Foreign languages
- First compulsory foreign language for all students: Business English
Second compulsory foreign language for German students: Spanish, French or Chinese
Second compulsory foreign language for international students: German
Electives (if offered): Russian, Chinese, Spanish, French or Italian
- 210 (Bachelor of Science)
- Bachelor of Science
Optional: Additional MBA/Master’s degree at partner university
Semester contribution : 146.10 € (Student’s Union contribution and administration costs contribution)
For the MBA/Master’s programme at an international partner university (in the fast-track option: approx. 10,000 € to 40,000 €)
- Admission requirements
- German university entrance qualification (entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences, subject-related entrance qualification, general higher education entrance qualification – “A-Levels“) / a foreign university entrance qualification equivalent to the German university entrance qualification and very good English language skills
- Available places
- 70 per semester: 35 for international applicants, 35 for German applicants
This degree programme deals with questions such as...
- How do I manage a company?
- What skills and methods do I need to work in a managerial position in an international company?
- What do company divisions such as Marketing & Strategy, Finances & Accounting & HRM and Organisation deal with?
- What ethical and cultural aspects are important in the management of a company?
- How do I measure the “genuine“ corporate success of an internationally operating company?
- Which instruments of marketing and sales do international companies use and how successful are they?
- How do global players expand into international markets?
- What soft skills such as communication techniques, presentation techniques and intercultural competence do I need to be successful as the manager of an international company?
Perspectives: Careers & opportunities
- Graduates of the International Business programme have high intercultural competence, are glad to assume management positions, are valuable team players, communicate clearly and show above-average commitment
- They convince others with their distinctive personality, awareness of values, show responsibility for the team and the task
- They work in a solution-oriented, analytical and structured manner
- They are motivated, dynamic, innovative, mobile and set themselves ambitious targets
- Automotive industry
- Banking and finance industry
- Consulting, business consulting
- Consumer goods industry
Typical corporate areas
- Marketing and sales
- Finance department
- Human resources management
Rankings & accreditations
ESB Business School has been system accredited by the FIBAA: within the accreditation process the internal quality assurance system of ESB Business School was audited and awarded the quality seal of the accreditation council. All degree programmes of ESB Business School pass through this rigorous internal quality assurance system and in this way achieve accreditation.