MSc International Accounting, Controlling and Taxation
"After graduating and two years at an automotive group I wanted to develop in the field of controlling and accounting. I found the best offer at ESB Business School. First-class and practice-related teaching has already opened many doors to a career in an international environment.”
Irina Perezhogina, Student, began her studies in the summer semester 2013
Why study MSc International Accounting, Controlling and Taxation?
… because companies need managers with management-oriented training and practice-relevant specialist knowledge:
- You enhance your basic business knowledge,
- You acquire specialist knowledge in the fields of international financial reporting as well as international controlling and taxation.
… because you receive internationally focused training:
- The focus on international business relations is a recurring theme in all subjects,
- You will be prepared for a management career in the area of finances and controlling in internationally operating companies and in international consulting companies.
… because this degree programme is practice-oriented:
- Demanding, real-life company projects, a business simulation and all-day workshops in companies complement the lectures.
- In addition to our experienced team of professors you are taught by qualified company representatives.
- Length of course
- 3 semesters
- Place of study
- Beginning of course
- Summer and winter semester
- Application deadline
- For the summer semester: 15 January
For the winter semester: 15 July
- Language of instruction
- German and English (approx. 80/20)
- Foreign languages
- Master of Science (MSc)
Semester contribution: 146.60 € (Students Union contribution and administration costs contribution)
- Admission requirements
- German or foreign university degree in an economics degree programme with a total average grade of “good“ (2.5).
Final grades obtained abroad must first be converted to the German grading system by an official body that is recognised for this purpose.
Good German language skills as proved by passing a language test (DSH, at least Level 2/ TestDaF at least 14 points), or equivalent
Proof is not required if you have a German university entrance qualification or a German language university degree qualifying for entry into a profession.
Good English language skills (at least Level B2), as proved by passing an English language test
Proof is not required if you have an English language university entrance qualification or an English language university degree qualifying for entry into a profession.
Experience abroad related to the degree programme (e.g. study semester abroad or internship abroad).
If you have no experience abroad you may take part in the selection process under the condition that you acquire the missing qualification during the course in accordance with the study and examinations regulations.
- Available places
- 15 per semester
This degree programme deals with questions such as...
- How can one actively react to changing environmental conditions and an altered business environment?
- How can efficient controlling instruments be implemented in internationally operating companies?
- What are the changes caused by the implementation of different accounting systems in practice?
- How do companies and investors react to legislative fiscal measures?
Perspectives: Careers & opportunities
- Internationally focused, medium-sized companies in all lines of business
- Large internationally operating companies in all lines of business
- Tax consulting and auditing firms
Typical corporate areas:
- Financial controlling
- Finance departments
- Strategy consulting
- Tax consulting and auditing firms oriented towards medium-sized enterprises and international business
Rankings & accreditations
ESB Business School has been system accredited by the FIBAA: within the accreditation process the internal quality assurance system of ESB Business School was audited and awarded the quality seal of the accreditation council. All degree programmes of ESB Business School pass through this rigorous internal quality assurance system and in this way achieve accreditation.
- Die Zeit (CHE) 2014, School of Business Management: 4 of 5 green points - Top group
To the ranking
U-Multirank 2014: Best possible in the categories international orientation of the programmes, contacts with work environment, quality of course & teaching
To the ranking